There is no cure for diabetes. There may never be. The heroic measures of pancreas transplants and islet cell transplants are suitable for a tiny fraction of Type 1 patients only, automatically excluding the 90% to 95% of diabetics who have Type 2 disease. A little known treatment, Metabolic Restoration Therapy (MRT) has dramatically improved the lives of hundreds of patients fortunate enough to have access to a select number of research and private practice settings.
Diabetes - A Global Epidemic
Studies in USA, UK and Japan have – showed “tight control“ of blood sugar is not effective or preventative for most patients.
Not conventional Insulin Therapy
Not flexible Insulin Therapy
Not subcutaneous Insulin Pump Therapy
Not combination Insulin Therapy (oral agents + insulin)
- Does not prevent 25% to 40% of diabetic complications from developing within 10 years.
- Over time 57.9% of diabetics develop one or more complications. Tight control is contra-indicated after serious complications occur.
Only Metabolic Restoration Therapy (MRT) can rescue a patient from complications.
Clinical Islet Transplant
In this technology the pancreas of the patient are transplanted or treated under surgery and the results after have been positive in eradicating the disease from patient’s body to a greater extent. The repeated intake of Insulin by patients reduces to nil.
In the long term, the patient can experience freedom from hypoglycemia, stable blood glucose levels and excellent glycemic control.
Metabolic Restoration Therapy
Metabolic Restoration Therapy (MRT) also referred as PIVIT (Pulsed Intravenous Insulin Therapy), hepatic activation or metabolic activation, involves delivering insulin intravenously over a 3-4 hours period, in a pulsatile fashion using a specialized pump* controlled by a computerized program that adjusts the dosages based on frequent blood glucose monitoring.
Effective in Type 1 and Type 2 Patients
- The focus of MRT is not on a given “tight control” blood sugar number.
- The focus of MRT is normalization of metabolism.
- MRT slows, stops, or reverses serious complications.
- Restored metabolism = Reduced complications.